Hello Family! Five years ago today, September 12, 2014, I officially became a CEO! Many of you have been there with me every step of the way from when I started tutoring math out of my apartment. Then, to planning events and speaking on the importance of diversity in Technical education from an Artistic perspective with The STEAM Collaborative. On to learning more about business through graduating my MBA program with a 4.0 and as Student of the Year. Today, I have the honor to officially launch my new Social Brand, Jas:Maven, specializing in Connecting the Right People. Thank you God for giving me the vision that is much greater than this and for ordering every step along the way! Thank you family, friends, and collabors for your support as I continue to serve you and pay it forward.
The end of the first year celebration event for the 52 Weeks of Science in Clairemont/Linda Vista will take place on:
Sunday, October 14, 2018
10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Madison High School Gymnasium
4833 Doliva Dr., San Diego, CA 92117
52 Weeks of Science Clairemont is turning ONE! Join us for celebration with hands-on science activities, a local STEM career showcase and an unforgettable performance from the Fleet Science Center’s Don’t Try This at Home! show. Bring out the whole family and Discover Science Here!
If you would like to and are able, please sign up to have an activity or to be part of the STEM Career Showcase where students can walk up to your table and have a casual conversation about your career and the pathway you took to get there. Please fill out the event sign-up form and you will get information, including all of the logistical details.
Please share your journey with us, and feel free to ask questions about our journey!
Thank you to my wonderful MBA program at Point Loma Nazarene University for encouraging continued growth for The STEAM Collaborative in creating this slide in the Pitch Deck for BUS676 New Venture Creation as part of the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Concentration!
Sept. 12, 2015
This year has been the most fantastic journey of my life. I now know that I was not made to do anything different than Adorn the already beautiful lives of people. Adorn really comes from my initial vision for the business, Math Tutoring. I never intended to be a teacher, but I wanted to add to the lessons already given. During my initial evaluation as a tutor, I have students bring their books, notes, exams, and homework. From these, I am able to get a better understanding of what their teacher has already taught them and how I can Adorn that instruction. This way, the student understands their current material, and I teach them concepts that will allow them to excel in the classroom.
The biggest lesson: Follow God
Usually, when I introduce my company as “Adorn The World”, I would get the yeah… okay… World? look. Even before I knew how it would happen, I declared that I would impact the world. Through following God’s instructions to tap into the miracles that he has already placed into my life, Adorn The World was sponsored to teach and mentor at an engineering summer camp in The Bahamas! Some of the first year’s major accomplishments are:
- Hack.IT Bahamas Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Track Lead for 50 high school students with STEMBoard
- The Keynote speaker at Harriet Tubman Village Charter School 8th grade graduation
- Speaking to 50 girls ages 10-13 and their moms about being a woman engineer, and leading a hands-on activity with Girls, Inc. of San Diego
- The featured Girls Mean Business, S.T.E.M. presenter on KUSI News – Good Morning San Diego, Tech Tuesday segment
- NCNW San Diego S.T.E.M. Workshop -Engineering Presenter for 100 girls grades 4th-9th.
- Caterpillar African American Network Solar Turbines – Engineers Week Chair
- Tutoring at Hancock Elementary School
- Volunteering at San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum and The New Children’s Museum
- Ask a Solar Engineer – Discussion for non-engineers
- National Engineers Week – San Diego Awards Banquet
- MATHCOUNTS Competition Volunteer Evaluator
- Interview and commercial spotlight for Painting and Vino
- Instructor’s Assistant for In Him We Move – Liturgical Dance Conference and Concert
- Attended Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil and Motown the Musical
- Attended many inspirational Concerts: Donald Lawrence, Tamela Mann, Erica Campbell, Rahsaan Patterson, Lalah Hathaway, Algebra, Anthony David, Miguel, Brian McKnight, Fantasia, Raheem DeVaughn, Kem, Toni Braxton, Maxwell, R.Kelly
- Attended the Sunday worship experience at The Potter’s House in Dallas, TX
I am most excited to announce that days before renewing my first company, Adorn The World, I began my my second company!! Psalm 150 Orchestra was established September 9, 2015! I am really excited about this vision that God has given me to take Adorn Artistry to another level.
Please leave your comments and current or future affiliation with Adorn The World below. Thank you so much for your prayers and support! It is invaluable, and I really appreciate it.